Home YSF » YSF Applications
Key dates for the 16th YSF
YSF: 31 August − 3 September 2016
The YSF application period has closed.
Announcement of YSF award winners: 12 April 2016
Support from FEBS
FEBS will provide financial support to the selected scientists via YSF grants. YSF grants can only be used to support participation in the 16th YSF and 41st FEBS Congress, and those selected must attend both the YSF and the Congress. Grants will cover registration and accommodation in shared rooms (for both the YSF and the FEBS Congress) and up to 80% of the travel costs to Kuşadası. Awards will only be made to support travel from the applicant’s current country of residence in the FEBS area to Kuşadası. The amount awarded will be based on the distance travelled and the most affordable options.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 16th YSF HAS CLOSED
The text below is retained on this page only for referenceEligibility criteria for the 16th YSF
PhD students and postdoctoral fellows are welcome to submit applications if they fulfil all of the following criteria. Applicants should:
- be up to 35 years of age, except if studies were started later, or were delayed by maternity leave (18 months per child), prolonged illness or other personal reasons
- be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society; or be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society
- submit an abstract to the 2016 YSF (16th YSF) and to the FEBS Congress (41st FEBS Congress) as first author. Both events should be attended.
- be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society
- have not received a grant from FEBS to attend a YSF in recent years, a FEBS YTF award to attend a FEBS Advanced Course or Workshop in 2016, or a bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in 2016
How to apply
Applicants should apply through the Congress registration system, (1) selecting the YSF Applicant option to create a registration order and (2) submitting an abstract as first author to one of the Congress abstract topics. All abstracts must contain original work that has not been published or presented identically on previous occasions; further guidelines are on the abstract submission page.
For your YSF application, you will also need to upload the following supporting documents in a single file during registration: CV, prepared according to the YSF template: Letter of recommendation; Proof of current membership of a FEBS Constituent Society; Letter of motivation. To complete your application order, select the YSF Applicant’s waiver as the payment method.
Abstracts submitted by YSF Applicants cannot be edited after the YSF application deadline.
N.B. YSF applicants should not tick the Congress bursary option in the registration system at this stage; it will instead be possible for unsuccessful YSF applicants to switch participant type and apply for a Congress bursary in late April, ahead of the June 03, 2016 final extended bursary deadline.
Journals from FEBS: FEBS has twin commitments to high-quality publications and the promotion of molecular biosciences. As a charitable academic organization, FEBS uses income from the journals to fund its diverse activities, including support for the FEBS Congress.
IFCC: IFCC auspices have been given to this event.